The News: Alliance Memory announces that is has expanded its offering of 3V multiple input/output serial NOR flash memory products with new 4Mb and 16Mb devices in the SOP8 Narrow Body (150mils) package. The 4Mb AS25F304MD-10S1IN and 16Mb AS25F316MQ-10S1IN combine fast read performance up to 104MHz with fast program and erase times down to 1.1ms and 2.6ms, respectively.
- Enhanced performance with fast read, program, and erase times
- Operate in single, dual, and quad (AS25F316MQ-10S1IN) SPI modes
- Reliable, long-term performance with 100,000 program/erase cycles and 20-year data retention
- Uniform 4KB or 32KB or 64KB erase
- Program/erase suspend and resume
- 8/16/32/64 byte wrap-around burst read mode (AS25F316MQ-10S1IN)
- Advanced security features
- Block protection
- 128-bit unique ID for each device
- Discoverable parameters (SFDP) register
- 4K-bit secured OTP
Device Specification Table:
|Bus width||Serial Multi IO (x1/x2)||Serial Multi IO (x1/x2/x4)|
|VCC||2.7V to 3.V|
|Active read current max.||4.4mA||3.7mA|
|Program/erase current max.||1.4mA||1.3mA|
|Program time typ.||1.1ms|
|Sector erase time typ.||2.6ms||5.1ms|
|Standby current typ.||8µA|
|Temperature range||-40°C to +85°C|
|Package||SOP8 Narrow Body (150mils)|
- Hard drives, DVD and Blu-ray players, wireless LANs and cable modems, printers, set-top boxes, LCD displays, digital cameras, Bluetooth® devices, handheld GPS units, smart meters, and more
The Context: With their enhanced performance — including fast read performance up to 104MHz; fast program and erase times down to 1.1ms and 2.6ms, respectively; maximum erase/program currents down to 1.3mA; and maximum read currents down to 3.7mA at 104MHz — Alliance Memory’s new 4Mb and 16Mb 3V multiple input/output serial NOR flash memory products are designed to meet the demands of the computer, consumer, communications, and IoT markets. The 4Mb AS25F304MD-10S1IN offers support for single and dual SPI operation, while the 16Mb AS25F316MQ-10S1IN adds support for the quad SPI mode. Both devices provide reliable, long-term performance with 100,000 program/erase cycles and 20-year data retention.
The flash memory products support uniform 4KB or 32KB or 64KB erase and feature program/erase suspend and resume. The AS25F316MQ-10S1IN also offers an 8/16/32/64 byte wrap-around burst read mode. Advanced security features include block protection, 128-bit unique ID for each device, a discoverable parameters (SFDP) register, and 4K-bit secured OTP to protect content from hostile access and inadvertent programming and erasing.
Availability: Samples and production quantities of the 3V serial NOR flash memory products are available now, with lead times of 8 to 12 weeks.