Alliance Memory bolsters its product offering with a new line of 5V parallel NOR Flash memory products in boot and uniform sectored architectures. Available in densities from 1M to 16M, the devices offer access times of 55ns to enable fast, low-latency read speeds, allowing for both direct code execution and data storage in a single memory product.
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- 5V VCC
- Offered in boot and uniform sectored architectures
- Boot devices are available in top or bottom block configurations
- Densities from 1M to 16M
- Fast access times of 55ns
- Reliable, long-term performance for embedded systems
- Minimum of 100,000 program/erase cycles per sector
- 20-year data retention at +125°C
- Flexible sector architectures
- Embedded algorithms for automatic write/erase and verification
- Operate over an industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- 20mA typical active read currents
- 30mA typical program/erase currents
- Standby mode reduces power consumption to as low as 1?A
- 32-pin PLCC (uniform sector devices)
- 48-pin TSOP I (boot devices)
- Programmed in standard EPROM programmers
- Lead (Pb)-free and RoHS 2.0 compliant
- Digital still cameras (DSC and DSLR), networking routers and switches, home gateways, set-top boxes (STB), automotive infotainment systems, industrial robotics, and medical electronics
The Context: With their fast boot times, Alliance Memory’s 5V parallel NOR flash solutions are ideal for high-performance and process-intensive applications. The devices’ flexible sector architectures allow any combination of sectors to be erased and reprogrammed without affecting the content of other sectors — ensured by a hardware protection feature that prevents inadvertent program or erase operations. An Embedded Program algorithm automatically writes and verifies bytes at specified addresses, while an Embedded Erase algorithm automatically erases and verifies the entire chip or designated sectors.
Availability: Samples of the 5V parallel NOR Flash memory products are available now. Production quantities will be available in October 2019, with lead times of six to eight weeks.