The News: Alliance Memory introduces new 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB industrial-grade embedded multi-media card (eMMC) solutions. For solid-state storage in consumer, industrial, and networking applications, the devices integrate high-reliability TLC NAND flash memory with an eMMC controller and flash transition layer (FTL) management software in a single 11.5 mm by 13 mm 153-ball FBGA package.
- 32GB ASFC32G31T3-51BIN
- 64GB ASFC64G31T5-51BIN
- 128GB ASFC128G32T5-51BIN
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Feature high-reliability TLC NAND flash technology
- Compliant with the JEDEC eMMC v5.1 industry standard to support features such as:
- Boot operation
- Replay protected memory block (RPMB)
- Device health report
- Field firmware updates
- Power-off notification
- Enhanced strobe features for faster and more reliable operation
- Write leveling
- High-priority interrupt (HPI)
- Secure trim/erase
- High-speed HS200 and HS400 modes
- Backwards-compatible with eMMC v4.5 and v5.0
- Operate over an industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- Offer programmable bus widths of x1, x4, and x8
- NAND memory with internal LDO can be powered with a single 3V supply voltage
- The controller can be powered by 1.8V or 3V dual supply voltages
- Smart watches, tablets, digital TVs, set-top boxes, VR and AR headsets, digital cameras, CCTV, infotainment, surveillance, automation, point-of-sale systems, and emerging embedded applications
The Context: Alliance Memory has extended its offering of eMMCs to include densities from 4GB all the way up to 128GB, providing designers with a wide range of options to meet their solid-state storage needs in consumer, industrial, and networking applications. The devices integrate TLC NAND flash memory with an eMMC controller and flash transition layer (FTL) management software in a single 11.5 mm by 13 mm 153-ball FBGA package. With their TLC NAND flash technology, the devices deliver even higher reliability, endurance, and performance, while maintaining the same ease of integration as the company’s lower density eMMCs, speeding up product development and time to market, while saving space by eliminating the need for an external controller.
Compliant with the JEDEC eMMC v5.1 industry standard, the eMMCs support a wide range of features such as boot operation, replay protected memory block (RPMB), device health report, field firmware updates, power-off notification, enhanced strobe features for faster and more reliable operation, write leveling, high-priority interrupt (HPI), secure trim/erase, and high-speed HS200 and HS400 modes. The devices are also backwards-compatible with eMMC v4.5 and v5.0.
Availability: Samples of the eMMCs are available now. Production quantities are available with lead times of 8 to 10 weeks.